DIGITAL THINKER WANTED FOR IMMEDIATE START.
Your new job:
Help our clients find their “Truth Well Told”. Move Markets. Move People.
As Digital Strategist within the McCann Central planning team, you will shape the way we build some of the UK’s biggest brands across our properly full-service, properly integrated, properly massive, proper agency by blending both traditional consumer touchpoints and digital experience together to create effective strategy.
We do EVERYTHING here – PR, Social, Media, Digital, TV, Print, Outdoor, Experiential, Activation…the lot. All under one roof. So you’ll need to understand how to play with all of these.
With an expertise in digital and innovation, you’ll oversee and deliver integrated strategy and communications planning across the full consumer journey for your client accounts – across advertising, content and activation planning.
You’ve got a solid understanding of traditional channels and how they integrate with digital, emerging tech and consumer behaviour, but you’ll add innovation and digital thinking to the McCann “truth hunting” approach.
You’ll help your clients uncover product, brand and consumer truths; communicating them at the right time, in the right way, along the right consumer journey.
You’ll also help shape the process for how we think about digitally integrated planning in a world where digital is no longer separate from how consumers behave, but still requires your specialist expertise and strategic thinking.
We are an integrated agency, but above all else we are a creative agency. That means everyone in the agency is invested in the creative conception and execution of our work. With a specialism in digital strategy, you will work with both brand planners and creative, as well as with our digital team, but you will also have an understanding and interest in mapping consumer journeys with paid strategy.
And you will be awesome at it!
You do this in your sleep:
- Run workshops and groups to extract insight from both clients and consumer groups
- Undertake desk research and where necessary, brief our research department
- Be a fantastic presenter, inspiring confidence in clients and teams alike
- Have a deep understanding of consumer journey, brand, marketing and demand creation
- Strong points of view on Digital, the innovation landscape and ecosystem planning
- Be comfortable to work autonomously and be a point of strategic counsel for clients and teams
- Guide our PR and Social teams working alongside our content producers to deliver standout executions
- Work with creatives and platform partners to help identify channel roles & opportunities
- Be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously
Would be great if you had some or all of this:
- BA or BSc level education – this is not mandatory though
- At least 5 years of agency experience in this, or a similarly digital led role
- An unquenchable interest in tech, innovation and how this applies to marketing and advertising
- A good sense of humour, know when to defend an idea, know when to accept feedback
- History of delivering conference talks or sitting on industry panels
- A book of strategic, digital and creative talent we can draw from
You’ll need these things to really thrive:
- Strong analytical, excel and numeracy skills
- Clear and expressive written and spoken communication skills
- Strong presentation craft (narrative and design)
- Demonstrable logical and lateral problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines